GATHER TERMS & CONDITIONS
The following is the Retreat Policies and Agreement between YOU, the Attendee and JodiLynn Buckles and MacKenzie Pudenz, the INSTRUCTORS of The Gather Retreat.
- Attendee is responsible for bringing all the necessary gear for the shoot out…camera, memory cards (and back-ups), and charged and extra batteries. No refunds will be given if your camera or equipment fails.
- Attendee acknowledges that there will be several photographers at this event. Time will allowed for each photographer to capture beautiful images, but session will be shot in group format. When you are not shooting, observe and learn!
- Attendees agree to be prompt. This is a group event, and will start on time. We will not wait for late arrivals.
- Attendee’s may use their images for posting, portfolios and content, but not for advertising educational material, giveaways, or your own shoot outs/retreats. Credit to the hosts of the retreats must always be given.
- I hereby assign full copyright of these photographs to The Gather retreat (and the related representatives and assigns) together with the right of re-sharing either wholly or in part.
- Attendees MUST confirm that the dates and times of the retreats will work, as this is for a teaching environment and students often travel from out of state for these sessions, and can not be rescheduled. IF an emergency comes up, it is essential to make photographer aware immediately so she can help you find a replacement, however not guaranteed. No refunds or transfers are available under any circumstances, you can however sell your seat if you are unable to attend.
If a different form of payment is discussed other that what is provided, attendee MUST click the option so no transaction fees are insured. If you do not do this, a separate invoice for the transaction deduction will be sent and must be paid. (ex. PayPal or Venmo payments not made as friends and family will incur transaction fees that the attendee is responsible for.)
- Attendees are aware that travel expenses to and from the Retreat location are NOT included, and may include flights, car rentals, and hotel rooms to guarantee prompt arrival times for the retreat. So please plan accordingly.
- If attendee misses payment window and fails to communicate with instructors for other arrangements, their seat may be forfeited and no refunds or transfers issued for any monies paid. IF you need to make a late payment, please arrange it with either Jodi or MacKenzie.
- The retreat is limited to 10 attendees. In any circumstances where 6 or less attendees sign up, the instructors hold the right to reschedule the event accordingly.
- Hosting Photographers hold sole location options, and the right to change locations if original one deems unsafe or unusable at the time of the scheduled retreat.
- In case the photographers are unable to offer rescheduling of the workshop and instead must cancel the retreat entirely, then your deposit and further installments will be refunded excluding any fees (aka PayPal fees) that are held by the transaction service and is out of remit of the instructors.
- Attendees must allow for a window of extra hours before and after the workshop in case the timing of the workshop is changed due to unforeseen weather conditions or circumstances outside of the control of the instructors.
- All information and education discussed, given or shared with the attendees during the retreat is for the attendees ONLY and should not be discussed in part or in its entirety with any photographer or persons who have not attended the retreat. All materials are protected under copyright law and should not be distributed without the express consent of the instructors.
- Attendees are not permitted to use images taken at the retreat for commercial purposes. Image usage is for portfolio use only (website, Facebook and other social media). Social media usage is allowed only to showcase portfolio. Attendees are not permitted to submit photos taken during the retreats to magazines, contests, or exhibitions without the expressed consent of the instructors.
- Attendees must have basic knowledge of camera function.
- Standards of behavior. The attendees agree to conduct himself/herself with due regard to general etiquette and treat others with respect. Rude and disruptive behaviors is not tolerated. Any continued disruption of the retreat will result in removal of the attendee from the retreat with no refunds given.
- Failure to Perform. If the Photographer or Model is unable to perform this agreement due to illness, emergency, fire, casualty, strike, act of God or causes beyond the control of the Photographer, the Photographers and attendees shall make every attempt to reschedule the photographic event.
- If due to Covid 19 or another unforeseen circumstance we need to reschedule Gather, we will collectively find new dates, but no refunds will be given. You would be welcome to sell your seat if the new dates do not work for you.
- I grant to the Photographer or licensees or assignees the permission to the above-mentioned photographs either separately or together, either wholly or in part, the perpetual and irrevocable and unrestricted right to use and publish video and/or photographs of me, or where I may be included for editorial trade, product advertising and such other fashion /business purpose in any manner and medium. Credit to the retreat organizers MUST be given at all times.
- The Photographer and licensees or assignees may have unrestricted use of these for whatever purpose, including advertising, with any retouching or alteration without restriction.
- I agree that the above-mentioned photographs and any reproductions shall be deemed to represent an imaginary person, and further agree that the Photographer or any person authorized by or acting on his or her behalf may use the above-mentioned photographs or any reproductions of them for any advertising purposes or for the purpose of illustrating any wording, and agree that no such wording shall be considered to be attributed to me personally unless my name is used.
- Provided my name is not mentioned in connection with any other statement or wording which may be attributed to me personally, I undertake not to Prosecute or to institute proceedings, claims or demands against either the Photographer or his or her agents in respect of any usage of the above-mentioned photographs. I hereby release the photographer named above from all claims and liability relating to images, video or photographs taken of me. (This allows you to post the images per our model release contract.)
- Indemnification. The Photographer shall be held harmless for any and all injury to Attendee during the course of the photographic event and the immediately surrounding events.
- GENERAL ATTENDEE RELEASE
I authorize the instructors to use and to create images for promotional material, online usage, and other areas of marketability. I further authorize the distribution of photographs to potential Models of the Photographer for portfolio purposes. I agree and understand that the photos will be taken digitally.
I further acknowledge that I will not be compensated, either now or at any time in the future, for any use of marketing and that the instructors of such retreats choose to use.
I acknowledge and agree that instructors shall have the exclusive, perpetual and irrevocable right to take, use, re-use, publish and republish photographic materials, which contain my image.
- If a refund is mutually agreed upon due to unforeseen circumstances due to an event out of the attendees control, the refund will be for monies paid LESS the fees and deposit. Deposit is always non-refundable.
- CONTRACT is deemed signed by clicking the purchase button for chosen retreat.
If due to Covid 19 or another unforeseen circumstance we need to reschedule Gather, we will collectively find new dates, but no refunds will be given. You would be welcome to sell your seat if the new dates do not work for you. Thank you for your understanding! xx