April 30th - May 3rd
14 SEATS AVAILABLE
An Intimate Photography Retreat focused on Maternity + Motherhood Photography. Nestled in the magic of the Sierra Nevadas in Lake Tahoe, California.
capturing the beloved...
Do moments of Motherhood move you as an Artist? Does this sacred season filled with the purest, strongest, most raw + intimate love truly call you home? Are you searching to eloquently chronicle every Mother’s journey in a way that feeds your soul and honors each powerful + unique story?
These are the moments that define us, that interlace our own Motherhood journey and purpose with that fierce connection we see in others…..where our Art becomes something more. Purposeful + True.
We invite you to join us on a journey…
An exploration through Motherhood Photography
A journey offering something a little more….
To be seen, to connect, to create and dive deep into creating revered Art with true intent.
We created this retreat to speak to the Motherhood photographer who is seeking to grow as an Artist, and some serenity mixed with a sense of community empowerment, relaxation and pampering. We hope to create community, a true sense of support and encouragement with other women in the industry….shooting by day and hot tubbing and relaxing under the stars by night.
LEARN WITH US
Stephanie’s love affair with photography started after having her first child. She lives in a small town near Sacramento, California with her husband and two children. She has always been an extrovert and creative but when she found photography it quite literally changed her focus and her soul lives for connective, sun-drenched images that tell the story of both raw human connection and Motherhood. A Cali girl born and raised, she longs for the quiet moments in between all the chaos of life. Stephanie has been featured in Lookslikefilm, Dear Photographer, and other blogs and publications, and is a Master at teaching and implementing an IPS business model. She has taught workshops from Zion, Utah to Joshua Tree, California and has a course with Unraveled Academy. She is an acclaimed Photographer, Mentor, Teacher and is so excited to be diving into her true passion, capturing Motherhood in all its beauty.
Jodi Lynn Buckles
Jodi is a Mother to four precious souls, wife to a loving mountain man, daughter, Emotive Family + Motherhood Photographer, and Teacher in beautiful Sonoma County, California. She is passionate about creating living poetry with her imagery and nothing fills her heart more than producing meaningful Art that truly tells unique, tangible stories of connection, beauty, and truth. Photography has been a way for her to foster and share love with others and to be genuine with her craft. Seeing that true human connection and significance in her work, and with those whom she teaches, makes her heart sing. Jodi is an acclaimed and published Photographer and Mentor who has found true joy in supporting other Artists find their powerful voice and dig a little deeper. She has been published in numerous blogs and publications including Lookslikefilm, Dear Photographer, Lemonade and Lenses and has taught with The Narrative Society, Unraveled Academy, and more recently, with workshops, retreats, online teaching courses, and this year, adding International teaching. She hopes to inspire others to do some soul searching and to find their true why.
- 3 days/3 nights with Lodging/Food
- 6 meals included, heavy appetizers the first night
- Two Motherhood sessions, two Maternity sessions and one Nursing Session styled and led by us. We will walk you through our process during the sessions, covering settings, use of light, posing, prompting, styling, location choice = all we do start to finish to create a unique and strong session.
- Light….We will teach how we use directional light as a tool in a more dramatic way. The shoots will be indoors and outdoors focused on backlight, harsh light, moody light and low light.
- Styling……we will walk you through how we work with our clients to bring their vision to life and how we strengthen storytelling through wardrobe and location, also touch on how wardrobe can enhance both raw and intimate Motherhood vibes.
- Editing….Watch us edit from beginning to end. Bring a laptop if you have one so we can edit side by side as a group. We will dive into editing creatively for both indoor and outdoor light, our individual creative processing and cover our polishing techniques that take our images from beautiful to polished.
- Business Topics….Our business portion will cover IPS as well as all-inclusive pricing, pricing strategies, branding, SEO, marketing, social media how to’s, and how to attract your ideal client. We will go over our building blocks of both our businesses followed by Q & A to go over your current struggles and tackle them together.
- Adventure….Outdoor exploration with a bit of a fun hike together in the mountains and afternoon trip to beautiful San Harbor for one of our shoots.
- Private Facebook group for additional support before/after the retreat
- Goodie bags for all attendees + a special pampering treat!
$2000 Total Collected in Three Installments. Early Birds Get $200 off (First 5 Registrations)
- $800 Deposit Due To Reserve Your Seat / ($600, if you are 1 of the first 5 registrations)
- 2nd Payment of $600, due Feb 15th
- Final Install of $600, due March 15th
How do I reserve a seat?
Please email Jodi at email@example.com right when Seats open on Monday, January 13 at 10 am pst. We will be having those interested in a seat email us to request one initially and then will be going through a casual interview process and screening. After we go over all of the information we will be in contact with further details on how to complete your first payment within 24 hours.
** Attendees will be sleeping on twins, full size beds and doubling up in queen beds. All invoices must be paid within 24 hours to secure your spot. Installments must be paid within 24 hours to avoid forfeiting your spot. Any invoices unpaid within 24 hours of response will be cancelled and we will move to the next attendee in line.